Buildings with below street level floors often experience radio frequency shielding and/or areas that present poor coverage for radio reception. As a result, emergency services personnel (Fire, Police or Ambulance) are often unable to communicate over normal channels in time critical situations. When this occurs, lives and property are at risk.
SideBand Systems addresses these conditions by designing, deploying and maintaining state-of–the-art emergency communication systems, typically broadcasting in the 150Mhz to 800Mhz frequency range. Using sophisticated amplifier and distributed antenna systems, SideBand Systems can implement in-building 2-way radio solutions that provide robust communications. These systems can also address in-building commercial cellular/PCS lack of coverage issues.
SideBand Systems has installed BDA systems in Boston and Cambridge with the cooperation of the Boston Fire Department, the Cambridge Fire Department and other communities throughout Massachusetts. SideBand Systems has FCC General Radiotelephone Operator Licenses and TX/RX certified engineers as required by most municipalities to design and install Bi-Directional Amplifier (BDA) systems.
Our BDA services include:
- System Design and Engineering to verify coverage for the final design
- Submittal of comprehensive reports for architects, general contractors, building owners and the Fire Department which include signal strength, all specifications, CAD drawings with antenna locations, cable routing and equipment location and mounting instructions.
- Installation and initial testing by our certified field technicians
- Compliance testing to gain sign-off by the local Fire Department
- 24 x 7 x 365 maintenance services with a 2 hour response time
- Annual testing and reporting to both the Fire Department and building owners