SideBand Systems has the largest experience base in New England for in-building wireless network planning and deployment. We deploy Wireless LANs guaranteeing optimized performance while ensuring each network is secure from unauthorized intruders.
With the advent of non-licensed frequency availability by the Federal Communications Commission in the late 1980's, the ease of deployment of non-licensed technology with applications for Ethernet Local Area Networks (LAN) is commonplace. Included protocols are IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n and others. This application has proliferated as the increase in productivity and mobility benefits are realized.
As with any system deployment, there are unique considerations, particularly when legacy-wide deployments are launched. Important items include interference from co-located "ISM" band devices such as portable phones and microwave ovens, and security from hackers or "black hats". System design is a critical factor for a successful deployment.
Besides security and interference, system design plays an important role in your ultimate deployment. Not having sufficient coverage due to a lack of access points is equally harmful as having a congested network, with too many access points.
SideBand Systems provides you with a detailed survey plan that not only identifies crucial design items, but also locates "rogue" AP's, and potential security holes. The survey deliverable is a comprehensive document that you can give to any integrator as a deployment document - clear and precise with profuse pictorial and graphic illustration.
Site Survey Contents:
- Executive Summary - Overview of study
- Tools and Methodology - How we performed the survey
- Spectrum Analysis - Existing frequency scan if non-licensed; FCC recommendations if licensed
- Structural Material Analysis - Installation considerations
- Analysis of Existing Infrastructure - Physical and logical interface design considerations
- Security Implementations - Suggestions regarding securing traffic
- Floor Plan CAD data, showing actual coverage and AP placement
- Parts List - Suggested components for system implementation
Site Planning is offered by SideBand Systems to ensure that your wireless access points are optimally employed. Our engineering staff will work with you to develop wireless policy for your facility, effectively planning for interoperability between manufacturers and scalability of your network based on new and up and coming wireless capabilities