SideBand Systems designs Wireless LANs guaranteeing optimized performance while ensuring each network is secure from unauthorized intruders. Standard protocol is 802.11ac. Our engineers have experience with a variety of manufacturers and will provide a solution that meets your specific requirements.
As with any system deployment, there are unique considerations, particularly when legacy-wide deployments are launched. Important items include interference from co-located “ISM” band devices such as microwave ovens, portable phones, tablets and PDAs that are brought into the environment and security from hackers or “black hats”. System design is a critical factor for a successful deployment. Consideration must be given to both insufficient coverage due to lack of access points as well as network congestion and increased hardware cost as a result of too many access points.
SideBand Systems provides you with a detailed survey plan that not only identifies crucial design items, but also locates “rogue” AP’s, and potential security risks. The survey deliverable is a comprehensive document that you can give to any integrator as a deployment document or you can deploy yourself – clear and precise with profuse pictorial, ‘heat maps” and graphic illustrations.
Site Survey Contents:
- Executive Summary – Overview of study
- Tools and Methodology – How we performed the survey
- Spectrum Analysis – Existing frequency scan if non-licensed, FCC recommendations if licensed
- Structural Material Analysis – Installation considerations
- Access Point Output Power and Data Rates
- Analysis of Existing Infrastructure and coverage – Physical and logical interface design considerations
- Network Interference Items Identified
- 2.4GHz Signal Strength of Example Floor
- 2.4GHz Signal to Noise Ratio of Example Floor
- 5 GHz Signal Strength of Example Floor
- 5 GHz Signal to Noise Ratio for Example Floor
- Security Implementations – Suggestions regarding securing traffic
- Floor Plan CAD data, showing actual coverage and AP placement
- Parts List – Suggested components for system implementation